Michone Viana are made of handcrafted Minho weaving with traditional drawings and traditional weaving as “puxados”, made by the artisan Aida Pires Martins. It’s a single 2.2m cloth with 0.70m width used in the production of the traditional round skirt from Minho folklore. Instead of a skirt, we use this textile heritage of Portuguese culture in our Michone.
A limited edition of 10 pairs.
With traditional Minho motifs and colours, Michone Viana are unique and part of a very special edition that involves tradition, culture and great Portuguese pride.
For the plain colour, we use blue Burel – a 100% wool cloth produced by a company of family origin, located in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela. Burel's authenticity results from a sequence of specific operations in the manufacturing process. The wool, after being shorn, washed, spun, woven into the organ and woven into the loom, is trodden on a machine called “pisão”, which knocks and scalds the wool, transforming the fabric into burel, making it tighter, more resistant and waterproof.
- - Super comfortable and excellent for long walks
- - Handmade weaving textile made by certified UPA (Handcraft Production Units) in Portugal.
- - Exterior in burel made by certified UPA (Handcraft Production Units) in Portugal
- - Lining in anti-perspirant and anti-odour recycled & vegan microfiber;
- - Comfort insole in Polyurethane sponge;
- - Sole in natural rubber.
Marita Moreno’s Handmade Line is produced with handmade componentes by certified crafters.
Designed and made in Portugal in a Sustainable and Ethical perspective way - using only portuguese factories and handmade crafts to create its designs.
Sizing Chart here